XAT 2020 (Xavier Aptitude Test) by XLRI (Xavier Labour Relations Institute) for MBA Admission 2020
XAT 2020 – Xavier Aptitude Test i.e XAT 2020 Exam Date has been released officially by Xavier Labour Relations Insitute (XLRI). It will be held on 5th January 2020.
It is a University Level entrance exam which is organized by the XLRI on the behalf of XAMI from the past 60 years. XAT Exam is conducted for the admission in more than 150 B-Schools of the country.
XAT 2020 Application procedure
The registration for XAT 2020 has started from August 23, 2019 (12 midnight) on the official website www.xatonline.in and will end on November 30. The mode of registration is online mode.
However, if candidates miss the deadline he/she can still register for XAT 2020 by paying the late fee from December 1 to 7, 2019. The application process of XAT is divided into 3 parts;
- XAT registration
- Filling up the form
- Application fee Payment
Xat admit card will be available to download from 20th December 2019, the candidates who have successfully paid the fees and filled the form will be able to download the admit card.
The registration fee for XAT 2020 is Rs 1700 candidates. Late payment of fee is Rs 2,000. XLRI, Jamshedpur will conduct XAT 2020 on January 5, 2020.
How to fill the XAT application form
Candidates need to follow these steps in order to fill out XAT Application form:
- Visit the official website of XAT 2020. Click on the register tab and create your account with the login id and password.
- You will receive a XAT ID and registration link on your email id. Click on the registration link and create your XAT 2020 login password.
- Now candidates have to choose the desired test city from the list of test centres provided by XAT.
- Next step is to upload a photograph, enter the name and signature, a separate section is provided to upload the photograph and signature.
- Enter all the education qualification, primary information and work experience details if any.
- Lastly, pay the application fees.
It is always advised to take out the printout of the application form submitted. and the confirmation message that you receive.
The recommended browser to fill the form is Internet Explorer ( version 11) or Mozilla Firefox ( version 50 to 62 ) or Google Chrome ( version 50 to 69 ) to fill in the Application Form.
Top XAT Accepting Colleges
- Xavier Institute of Management (XIM), Bhubaneswar
- Xavier Institute of Management and Entrepreneurship (XIME), Bangalore
- Mount Carmel Institute of Management, Bangalore
- Xavier Institute of Management & Research (XIMR), Mumbai
- Loyola Institute of Business Administration (Loyola College) Chennai
- Xavier Institute of Management (XIM), Jabalpur
- St. Francis Institute of Mgt. and Research (SFIMR), Mumbai
- St. Joseph’s College of Business Administration, Bangalore
- St. Aloysius Institute of Management and Information Technology, Mangalore
- Xavier Labour & Relations Institute (XLRI), Jamshedpur
- Xavier Institute of Social Service (XISS), Ranchi
Important Dates for XAT 2020
|Registration Start Date||23rd August 2019|
|Registration Last date||30th November 2019|
|Admit Card download Start Date||20th December 219|
|Admit card Last date||3rd January 2020|
|XAT 2020 Exam Date||5th January 2020 (Sunday, 10.00 am to 01.00 pm)|
|Answer Key Release Date||3rd week of January 2020|
|XAT Result Date||31st January 2020|
|XAT Score Card Release Date||31st January & 31st March 2020|
XAT Eligibility Criteria
- Eligibility criteria for XAT are same as last year, graduate in any discipline with 50% mark. It is however advised to check the criteria before applying for XAT 2020.
- All Indian candidates must appear for XAT-2020. However, NRI and foreign candidates may apply through GMAT score (except Dubai and Kathmandu wherein candidates have an option of appearing for XAT 2020)
- Candidates appearing in Final year of Graduation can also apply by entering their aggregate percentage of marks obtained until the time of filling of form
Eligibility for NRI/Foreign Candidates:
- NRI or foreign national candidates have to apply through GMAT scores. Candidates from Dubai or Nepal are exempted from applying through GMAT scores as XAT will be conducted in these two international cities.
XAT Selection Criteria
- The selection criteria may vary from one institute to others. It is a two-step process. In the first phase, candidates are shortlisted on the basis of their XAT score.
- The shortlisted candidates have to appear for Writing Ability Test (WAT) or Essay Writing or GD and PI rounds.
- Some of the institutes can consider academic record, work experience as selection criteria.
- Candidates who are in the final year should have exam result at the time of selection.
XAT Exam Pattern
XAT 2020 is going to be in an online mode this year.
The duration of the exam is 180 minutes which is divided into two sections; Paper 1 and Paper 2.
Paper 1 (165 minutes)
The duration of Paper 1 is 165 minutes or 2 hours 45 minutes.
There are three sections in this paper,
- Verbal and Logical Ability (26 questions)
- Decision Making (21 questions)
- Quantitative Ability and Data Interpretation (27 questions)
Paper 2 (15 minutes)
This duration if Paper 2 is 15 minutes. It consists of General knowledge section which comprises of 25 multiple-choice questions.
Each question carries 1 mark and for each wrong answer, there is negative marking of 0.25 marks for each wrong answer.
In addition to it, there is a negative marking of 0.05 marks involved for unattempted questions as well, beyond 13.
Key changes in XAT 2020 Exam pattern
- Numerical Aptitude Test is introduced
- Un-attempted question results in negative marking.
- There is no Essay writing test
- 25min is given extra for visually impaired students.
Test Centres of XAT 2020
- Bhilai Nagar
- Bokaro Steel City
- Mysuru (Mysore)
- Udupi Vadodara
Mode of Payment
The candidates may pay through:
- Candidates can pay through the given payment gateways with credit card/ debit card and net banking options.
- For this, candidates shall take the print of Challan form and visit the nearest IDBI branch. Demand Draft – The DD has to be made in the favour of “XLRI JAMSHEDPUR” payable at Jamshedpur
- Therefore, the candidates are required to courier/speed post/register post the printout of XAT Confirmation Page as well as the printout/Photocopy of payment confirmation Page to XAT Office
XAT Exam Fee
- XAT Registration Fee (without late Fee) – Rs.1700/-.
- Candidates interested in XLRI programs need to pay an additional fee of Rs.300/- each.
- XAT Registration Fee (with late Fee) – Rs.2000/-
- Candidates interested in XLRI programmes need to pay an additional fee of Rs.500/- each( with late fee)
Important things to remember:
- Please check your spam/junk folder. If you do not receive the registration confirmation mail, with your XAT ID & Password, within 24 hours of signing up.
- Please write to email@example.com citing your primary email id if you are unable to locate the email . or call on 1800 419 2929 between 08.00 a.m. and 08.00 p.m. (IST)
- If you are unable to reach the customer care executive, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Admission helpline will get back to you in 48 hours. (Excluding Holidays)