MBA in marketing is one of the oldest specializations of MBA is widely prevalent among individual; this specialization always remains in trend and is quite demanding too.
If a person is interested in advertising, promotion, sales, media, product selling, networking and building brand strategy then, the candidate should opt for MBA marketing.
Every sector in the world needs marketing and a marketing manager to enable its product reach to masses thru different channels.
Some of the popular specialization in marketing domain are;
- Digital marketing
- Content marketing
- Brand management
- E-commerce marketing
- Market research and analytics
The trends of marketing have changed over the years and now it is more refined and not only confined to door selling or simple sales, but the filed has also become wider now with a lot of different strategies in place it has become very competitive.
According to Philip Kotler (Father of modern marketing) “Marketing is an administrative and social process through which individuals and groups obtain what they need and desire by the generation, offering and exchange of valuable products with their equals”.
It is quite clearly understood that many people follow this marketing guru and his principles are followed by every marketer. But to follow his principles and understand his methodology we need to understand fully about MBA Marketing course.
The course curriculum of MBA Marketing;
MBA marketing is generally a two-year post-graduate programme which is taught in a lot of colleges.
The eligibility of MBA in marketing is a graduate degree with good percentage and entrance exam score
Some of the popular MBA in marketing subjects are
- Consumer behaviour
- Marketing Management
- Market research
- Product designing
- Advertising marketing
- International marketing
- Strategic planning
The popular MBA Entrance exam for getting admission in MBA in marketing is depicted in the picture below;
Out of all the entrance exams mentioned above CAT is most popular is widely accepted by every B-school. Other popular entrance exams are MAT, XAT, SNAP, IBSAT etc.
Other than that, one more exam GMAT is quite popular is accepted by foreign colleges and in India too.
Highlights of MBA in the marketing program
- The admission process of the course is an Entrance exam score with group discussion and personal interview.
- Average MBA marketing salary is around INR 4 LPA.
- The average tuition fee for the course is approx. between INR 4 – 20 LPA
- Exam type is usually semester, tri-semester basis.
- Duration of the program is 2yrs but can vary to 4yrs for distance course.
- Skills required are good communication skills, reasoning skills, analytical skills and problem-solving skills.
Given below are a list of 15 Top colleges offering MBA in marketing
- Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad (IIM A)
- Indian Institute of Management, Calcutta (IIM C)
- Indian Institute of Management, Bangalore (IIM B
- Faculty of management studies (FMS Delhi
- Xavier’s Labour Research Institute Jamshedpur (XLRI)
- Symbiosis Institute of business management (SIBM
- BITS Pilani – Department of Management
- Indian Institute of Management, Lucknow (IIM L)
- Indian Institute of Management, Indore (IIM I)
- Indian Institute of Management, Trichy (IIM T)
- Indian Institute of Management, kashipur (IIM K)
- Indian Institute of Management, Raipur (IIM R)
- Department of Management Studies, IIT Delhi
- ICFAI Business school
- Christ University
Topmost college like IIM Bangalore offers an average package of 14 LPA and SP Jain is also not far behind which offers an average package of 13.8 LPA to a marketing candidate.
Some of the top recruiters that hire MBA marketing candidates are;
- Procter & Gamble (P&G)
- Hindustan Unilever
- American Express
According to Forbes 2016 data, these were the best companies to work with as for MBA Marketing candidate as these companies invest a lot in training, exposure of employee, they also invest in strategic marketing.
Also, read | Why MBA in finance?