Common admission test in short CAT is a national level MBA entrance exam, which is the most popular MBA entrance exam in India.
For the year 2019 Indian institute of management(IIM Kozhikode) will be conducting the exam for admission into 20 IIM’s and over 1000 other B-schools. 2.5 Lakh students appear for this exam, test taker numbers are increasing every year.
The exam will be 3hrs online bases test which contains multiple choice question (MCQ) and non MCQ.
It is conducted in November, and tentatively for 2019, it will be held in two slots 9 am to 12 pm and 2.30 pm to 5.30 pm.
This article is divided into various sections starting from its exam dates, CAT syllabus to colleges in accepting CAT score.
CAT 2019 Exam Details:
IIM Kozhikode has announced this year CAT notification, following are the few facts about the exam that are very important:
Full-Form of CAT: Common Admission Test, conducted every year for an MBA.
CAT 2019 date: November 24, 2019
Online or offline: Online based exam
Application Fees: 2000/-
CAT Application process online or offline application: Online process
Age Limit: No Age Limit
CAT Eligibility: Graduates with 50% marks can apply
Total Number of Questions: 100 questions divided into three sections
Time duration:3 hours with an individual time limit of 1 hour for 1 part
Name of sections and no. of question asked:
VARC-34 Questions; DILR-32 questions; Quantitative Aptitude- 34 questions
The difficulty level of the exam: Moderate to Difficult
Colleges Accepting CAT 2019 for MBA admission: 20 IIMs, FMS, MDI, SPJIMR, IITs, IMI, JBIMS & 500 plus other MBA colleges
CAT 2019 important dates:
Common Admission Test Exam is a most significant MBA entrance exam in India for taking admission into Top MBA Colleges in India,
Given below are the tentative dates of CAT 2019;
- CAT Notification date – 27th July 2019
- CAT 2019 Registration date – August 5 2019
- Last date to apply – September 20 2019
- Admit card download start date – October 24 2019
- Admit card download last date – November 24 2019
- Exam date – 24th November 2019
- CAT result date – January 7 2020
CAT 2019 Eligibility
- Eligibility for the exam is graduation with 50% marks or have completed degree CA/CS/ICWA or are in the final year of the exam.
- There is no age limit of the exam.
- Common admission test has a lot of competition, it is a very competitive examination, and the number of admission seeker is increasing day by day.
- Quantitative Aptitude (QA)
- Data interpretation and logical reasoning (DILR)
- Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension (VARC)
These three subjects are common in all the MBA entrance exams